Family Adventure Camp is a brand new program from the Great Rivers Council Unlike our standard summer camp programs which are built around the Scout’s Troop, Pack or Den, this program is designed to deliver fun for your WHOLE FAMILY. You will enjoy wonderful meals, spacious campsites, private, family-friendly bathroom and shower facilities and amazing program opportunities! Participants get to experience these amazing programs by choosing from a wide variety of activities that you can do as a family. If you have more than one child attending you can even split up so each child gets to build their own adventure.
Where is Family Adventure Camp?
The Lake of the Ozarks Scout Reservation is located at the 44 mile-marker of the beautiful Lake of the Ozarks and boasts a mile and a half of shoreline, large open spaces, ample wildlife, rugged hills and breathtaking views.
What does Family Adventure Camp cost?
Registration is $75 per family member (kids 4 and under are FREE) and includes all activities & adventures, six meals, and a souvenir patch. You should also plan on visiting the Lee White Trading Post while you’re here.
What’s the schedule for Family Adventure Camp?
Families will check in on Friday morning and get camp set up. Our friendly staff will be standing by to help you settle in. After a nice lunch the fun begins! Check out the anticipated schedule of events below.
Register now to attend Family Adventure Camp July 23-25.
What activities can we choose from?
We have epic fun adventure for the entire family, activities include aqua-bumming, boating bonanza, lake lovers, fish-on, hawkeye and super slingers. Be sure to check out the entire event guide for what will be a fun-filled summer.
COVID Safety Precautions
The safety of our Scouts, volunteers, and employees is the Great Rivers Council’s top priority. Over the last year our staff, our volunteers in the Camping, Health and Safety and Risk Management committees have been guiding us as to how we can operate a summer camp program as safe as possible with mitigation efforts.
Our camp health and safety plan includes:
- Pre-camp education
- Health screening conducted prior to travel to our camp
- Activity sizes are managed to encourage and accommodate physical distancing requirements
- Sanitation & personal hygiene signage posted around camp
- Enhanced sanitation with extra handwashing/hand sanitizer stations
- Face masks required for certain activities and as desired by the camper.
- An emergency response plan that includes an isolation and quarantine protocol should a person at camp develop symptoms of COVID-19
- Trained and licensed medical professionals on staff and on property during the entirety of camp.
- Trained and certified camp leadership and staff that will undergo additional training on new polices and standards in regard to health & safety and sanitation protocols.