Scouts in Great Rivers Council, get earn colored beads every time they go camping. Beads and the coup can be purchased at the Scout Shop.
|White||Snow on the activity|
|Red||Full week of summer camp|
|Yellow||Any district activity|
|Light Blue||Any Council activity, except summer camp (this would include Conclaves)|
|Pink||Order of the Arrow Ordeal weekend|
|Orange||National or Regional event (except high adventure)|
|Brown||High Adventure Base|
|Green Marble||Council NYLT|
|Boots||HIKE with Blue: Good Weather Black: Rain White: Snow|
|Canoes||WATER TRIP with Blue: Good Weather Black: Rain White: Snow|
|Stars||Special beads at discretion of organizer|
Some notes about beads:
- Light Blue can be used for OA Conclaves, training weekends, special events, etc.
- Those who organize district, council, and high adventure trips are encouraged to supply the proper color been to all participants as part of their fees.
- It is *encouraged* that one pair of beads be given per activity. Some units may elect to give one bead per night, however this is not the official policy of the Lodge.
- Beads are to be given for ANY troop activities, i.e. Campouts, Service Projects, Day Hikes, etc.
- The COLOR to be given for each activity, if more than one is possible, is at the discretion of the local unit.