Because the merit badge counselor list contains personal information, this feature is not searchable on the Great Rivers Council website. Please follow the directions below to access the list of approved Merit Badge Counselors.
Follow these steps:
- Download the most recent GRC Merit Badge Counselor List found here: Merit Badge Counselor List Updated Nov 2 2021.
- Access the file by inserting the password
- The first point of the scout law is the password (trustworthy)
- Search for the merit badge you would like to find a counselor for by selecting it in the drop-down menu at the top of the spreadsheet, or by typing the merit badge in that same drop-down menu
- Locate the best merit badge counselor for you and contact them via the provided information*
*Remember that when contacting a counselor, you should include another adult in your correspondences (parent, guardian, unit leader, etc.) to ensure adequate Two-Deep leadership.
Becoming a Merit Badge Counselor
To qualify as a merit badge counselor, you must
- Be at least 18 years old and of good character.
- Fill out an adult leader application with the Boy Scouts of America (position code 42).
(There is no charge to register as a merit badge counselor.)
- Complete Youth Protection training.
- Be recognized as having the skills and education in the merit badge subjects covered and hold any required qualifications and training as outlined in the Guide to Safe Scouting or the Guide to Advancement-or use others so qualified. Complete the Merit Badge Counselor application.
- Be able to work with Scout-age youth.
For merit badge counselor resources and information please visit here.