Unit Funding

Units can use a variety of fund-raising methods as long as they meet the guidelines set by the National Council and their local council and are approved by their unit committee and chartered organization. Most commonly, units are funded through:

  • Weekly or monthly dues paid by the member
  • Unit product sales such as Popcorn/Burger’s or Thrifty Tickets
  • Chartered organization contributions
  • Other money-earning projects approved by the chartered organization

Units can use the funds they raise for any activities that are within the national and local council guidelines and that their unit committee and chartered organization approve. Most commonly, units use their funds for:

  • Joining Fees
  • Unit activities such as camping and other activities
  • Program supplies for unit activities
  • Equipment such as tents, camp stoves, and Pinewood Derby tracks
  • Advancements and awards such as rank emblems and merit badges
  • Boys’ Life magazine subscriptions

Funding Your Unit

Camp Cards and Popcorn/Burger’s sales provide great opportunities for money-earning projects. These projects provide no-risk opportunities for the unit and are pre-approved by the council (a Unit Money-Earning Application application is not required).  Units should participate in: