Summer camp is the highlight of the Scouting year. Young men and women join Scouting to get outdoors, and Camp Hohn at Lake of the Ozarks Scout Reservation is a wonderful environment for Scouts to interact with the Scouting program, the natural world, and each other. It is a golden opportunity to celebrate their year of Scouting. The Great Rivers Council Summer Camp Staff is committed to providing the best possible program during your unit’s week of camp. Our goal is to be friendly and responsive to the needs of your unit, and to set an excellent example of what Scouting should be to all those attending camp. The staff is carefully selected and trained to assist in your stay. They are ready to help you at any time.
Each year our camp program gets bigger and better. Please take time to review the materials on this site as you prepare for your adventure at camp. With over 60 different merit badge and activity offerings, and further improvements to our camp schedule, we are continuing to redefine what a summer camp experience should be.
An important reminder for all units: The camping program of the Great Rivers Council is a campsite patrol method, we do not offer a dining hall. Our food service commissary will deliver your food for each meal and you will prepare it in your campsite. There will be 2 camp-wide feeds during your stay that the camp staff will prepare, but all other meals will be prepared by your youth in your campsite. We do not have a dining hall.
Our Scouts BSA Summer camp offerings are 7-day, 6-night camping programs for registered Scouts BSA scouts and leaders. During the week, scouts have the opportunity to work on multiple merit badges and participate in many activities in camp. Units will also have the opportunity to sign up to participate in unit activities and competitions throughout the week.
The dates for 2023 Scouts BSA Summer Camp are as follows:
- Session 1: June 11th-17th, 2023
- Session 2: June 18th-24th, 2023
- Session 3: June 25th-July 1st, 2023
- Session 4: July 2nd-8th, 2023
- Session 5: July 9th-15th, 2023
The costs for 2023 Scouts BSA Summer Camp are as follows:
- $355 for youth
- $335 early bird fee (ends on May 1st, 2023)
- $150 for adults
- $100 unit deposit to reserve a campsite (begins October 1st, 2022 – this deposit is due at registration and is non-refundable)
- $25 per person class deposits (due starting March 1st, 2023 and is required to begin merit badge selection)
- Full balances are due by May 30th, 2023
Prior to the May 1st, 2023 Camper Savings Day, all fees that are less than the $25 per person class deposit, are refundable and transferable. Please check your Scouts’ prior commitments to summer sports and family vacations before May 1st. After May 1st, all refunds are to be submitted, reviewed, and approved based on the GRC Refund Policy.
To begin the registration process click below to complete a quick reservation to reserve your unit and campsite a spot for summer camp.
Important Camp Documents:
- 2023 Scouts BSA Summer Camp Program Guide
- 2023 Leader’s Guide
- 2023 Merit Badge Block Schedule
- 2023 Volunteer Camp Commissioner Corps App
- Campsite Selection Guide
- Medical Form ABC
- Pre-Camp Swim Test Form
- Pre-requisite Completion Form
- Personal Watercraft Hold Harmless
- Shooting Sports Hold Harmless
- COPE Hold Harmless Agreement
- Map to Lake of the Ozarks Scout Reservation
- Map of Lake of the Ozarks Scout Reservation
- Camp Location – Google Maps