Friends of Scouting is an annual direct-solicitation campaign, reaching out to Scout families, service organizations, and businesses. Friends of Scouting is the council’s largest source of income (26 percent). Eighty-seven percent of funds raised are dedicated to program.
Gifts of any size are appreciated and will make a difference. For the following levels of gifts in the 2020 family campaign we offer some special recognition items.
- Entry (Any Amount) BSA-GRC Car Decal
- Donor ($25) Lake of the Ozarks Scout Reservation Patch
- Advancement Sponsor ($80) BSA-GRC Challenge Coin
- Scout Sponsor ($150) BSA-GRC Campers Knife
- Scout Sponsor + ($250) All the above
- Patron ($700 and up) Become a member of our Golden Eagle Club
What does a Friends of Scouting investment provide?
- Local programs and activities throughout the council territory
- Camp scholarships, uniforms, and registration fees for youths who otherwise could not participate
- Council Service Center that coordinate Scouting activities and provide customer service to members
- Accident and liability insurance to protect both youth and adult members
- Professional staff who counsel, guide, and inspire volunteer leadership
- Camp and facilities available for year-round camping and Cub Scout family outdoor events
- Opportunities to attend summer camp and high-adventure events
- Advancement programs where Scouts are recognized for learning and achievement of goals they set establish
- Distribution and development of literature and training-materials
- Leadership training for young people who will become future community leaders?
If you have not been approached to contribute to Friends of Scouting, we would welcome your gift. If you would prefer to send your contribution directly to us, our mailing address, Boy Scouts of America, GRC, 1203 Fay Street, Columbia, MO 65201.