Friends of Scouting is the annual giving campaign of the Great Rivers Council that helps provide the necessary funds to ensure a quality Scouting program for every youth in our 33-county service area. Together with your help, the Scouting program will continue to inspire young people to make ethical and moral choices over their lifetimes.
Scout Today, Leader Tomorrow.
The youth and volunteers of the Great Rivers Council invite you to make an investment in Scouting. Each dollar invested keep activity fees affordable for all families and provides Scoutreach assistance to support at-risk youth and those with financial need. In addition your investment helps maintain the Lake of the Ozarks Scout Reservation, assures properly trained volunteer leaders, and provides the resources necessary to ensure a high quality program for all youth.
Gifts of any size are appreciated and will make a difference. For the following levels of gifts in the campaign we offer some special recognition items.
- Entry (Any Amount) BSA-GRC Car Decal
- Patron ($700 and up) Receive an invite to the Golden Eagle Reception.
Special recognition plaques are available at the following levels:
- Century ($125)
- Leadership ($250)
- Patron ($500)
- Honor ($750)
- Guardian ($1,000)
- Sponsor ($2,500)
- Benefactor ($5,000)
- Distinguished ($10,000)
What does a Friends of Scouting investment provide?
- Local programs and activities throughout the council territory
- Camp scholarships, uniforms, and registration fees for youths who otherwise could not participate
- Council Service Center that coordinate Scouting activities and provide customer service to members
- Accident and liability insurance to protect both youth and adult members
- Professional staff who counsel, guide, and inspire volunteer leadership
- Camp and facilities available for year-round camping and Cub Scout family outdoor events
- Opportunities to attend summer camp and high-adventure events
- Advancement programs where Scouts are recognized for learning and achievement of goals they set establish
- Distribution and development of literature and training-materials
- Leadership training for young people who will become future community leaders?
If you have not been approached to contribute to Friends of Scouting, we would welcome your gift. If you would prefer to send your contribution directly to us, our mailing address, Boy Scouts of America, GRC, 6081 W Van Horn Tavern Rd, Columbia, MO 65203.