The Great Rivers Council is pleased to announce its 2022 Thrifty Ticket. This initiative is designed to help Scouts earn their way to a summer/day camp program. Units participating in this program will earn $6.50 on each $10 Thrifty Ticket they sell. The tickets will be distributed in the districts or available for pick up at the Council Service Center starting February 8th.
MORE details to come at your January & February Roundtables.
A Scout is Thrifty… They pay their own way to Summer Camp!
This program is RISK FREE, simply return any unsold tickets.
How the Thrifty Ticket Sale Works
- The Thrifty Ticket is designed to help youth fund their way summer camp.
- This is a Risk-Free Unit Sales project where all Scouts can earn their way to Summer Camp, Philmont, other activities or simply support unit program or supplies needs.
- Each Thrifty Ticket will sell for only $10.00 to the general public and will have multiple food, service and entertainment discounts for the customer to use throughout the year.
- The participating unit will keep $6.50 of the sales for each $10 Thrifty Ticket sold!
- With the discounts, the Thrifty Ticket PAYS FOR ITSELF!
- Commissions from the sales are encouraged to be applied toward directly sending youth to Summer Camp programs, but they may be used as the unit committee sees fit.
Units will keep $6.50 for all $10 Thrifty Ticket sold if their accounts are closed out BY May 30, 2022.
Thrifty Tickets can be returned to the council service center without penalty at any time. The tickets MUST be in new condition (including snap-off discounts). NO tickets will be accepted for return after June 1st. The UNIT is RESPONSIBLE for ANY unreturned Tickets (lost, misplaced, damaged, etc.) and will be charged $10.00 for partially used ticket. Be sure Scouts and parents treat each ticket as if it were a $10 bill.
Thrifty Ticket Timeline
January Promotions at Roundtable Meetings
January/February Units commit to sell Thrifty Tickets
February 8 Tickets distributed at roundtables/sale begins
May 15 Sale ends
May 30 Units submit money and unsold tickets to Council